Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mistake

So, it's been very slow this week.  We went out to eat with Tyler's parents after church and I got back in the car and immediately checked my phone.  I had sold something!  Something worth...$88.00?  I didn't have anything for that amount.  Well...I had at one time...but not anymore.

I found a set of eight teacups and eight salad plates by Victoria & Beale in their lovely Williamsburg design.  These can go for a pretty penny (especially the coffee mugs), and I had gotten the whole set at GW for $5.00! 

Before our vacation, someone bought three of the plates (listed at $11.00 each).  After vacation, the listings ended, so I just did "sell similar" and didn't think about it.  Well, NOTE TO SELF: when doing "sell similar", it doesn't take into account that someone bought three plates, so the listing still said I had eight plates!  Today, someone bought all eight of them for $88.00.  Crap.  So I messaged the buyer and explained the situation.  I offered her $33.00 and shipping back and I would ship the five plates I had, or I could just refund her money.  I haven't heard back from her yet. 

In non-eBay related news, I have recently become obsessed with Pinterest.  I have been a member for a while now, but didn't really pay any attention to it until Friday when I wanted to figure out a way to hang pictures in the baby's room.  Here's what Tyler and I made:

 It's a 1/4" board from Michael's with a Dr. Seuss quote.  The clothes pins are glued on and the ribbon on them have "A"s on them.  I have to get some pics developed to hang up.  I haven't sent pictures to get developed for months!
A scrapbook paper wreath!  The original design used a wreath form, but we couldn't find one that was the right size, so we used cake boards and cut a hole out of it.  Then I used 2"x4" scrapbook strips and glued them in a pattern.  Because we used the cake board, you could see the cardboard, so I wrapped some paper around the center and hid the edges with some pretty lace ribbon I got on clearance at Wal-mart.  It's on Addy's door.

So that was my weekend.  A serious eBay screw-up and some very cute crafts!

3 comments: