Sunday, July 1, 2012

In Which I Do Not Complain

...ok, I'll complain a little.  My sales still suck.  But I've gotten away from the real point of blogging about eBay and that's to share what I'm selling and what's doing well.  So here's some recent sales:

Belk (a Southern department store) is having a huge clearance sale, like half of half.  I picked up two boy's shirts since they were $10.00 each.  I figure, hey, if they don't sell, I have the receipt and I can at least take them back.  I put them for auction starting at $16 each and they both have bids and watchers.  Hopefully I make more than $12.00 total on them.

I got this Le Creuset kettle at TJ Maxx.  It was on clearance for $20.00.  I checked completeds and was hoping I could get over $60.00 with free shipping for it, but it just sat there with a ton of watchers, but no buyers.  I changed it to $45.00 and charged for shipping and it sold fast.  I only made $25.00 on it, but I'll take it.  Again, I know it's risky to spend so much on something new, but if you keep the reciept and the store accepts returns on clearance items, it's pretty much fool-proof.

I do not understand these LaLaLoopsy dolls.  They're awkward and unposeable and heavy, but apparently people love them.  This one was at the GW for $4.00.  I sold her for $17.00 + shipping in about two days.

Vintage straw trivets.  Picked them up at a yard sale for .25 each and sold them last week at auction for $12.00.

These were a re-release of vintage Budweiser pint glasses I got at a huge yard sale about a month ago.  Paid $2.00 for the set and just sold them tonight for $19.99 + shipping.


Vacation fund is going ok.  I'm also using it to buy things for vacation, which for some inexplicable reason included spending large amounts of money on "beach clothes" for baby at Gymboree.  But she's got to look good at the beach, right? 

We had a good weekend and did a lot of patriotic stuff with Tyler's family. 


Hope everyone has a great 4th!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh...I justify the Gymboree really easily. I resell my daughters outfits too and usually make money on the them. Almost like I am getting paid to dress her so cute!

    ReplyDelete