Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First neutral.

Well, I got my first neutral today.  It was for a Ralph Lauren sweater I've been trying to get rid of forever that went to a buyer in Norway.  They said there was a hole in the sweater near the logo.  I never saw this hole.  It's not that I don't think they're telling the truth, it just irritates me when I let stuff like that get by me.  It was a sweater my mom's had for a while and never wore, so she let me have it.  I guess even if stuff is new, there can be problems...like my wonderful pants that I got returned to me.  That case got closed, btw. 

The neutral's really got me down.  This is on the heels of several lackluster reviews.  Like I've said before, I hate it when people just say stuff like "satisfactory".  It's not that I want "OMG I LOVE IT", but when people leave stuff like that, I feel like they're not really happy with the item...does that make sense?  It seems to go in cycles.  People leave me really great, excited reviews and then for a week or two, it's like the cynics come out and decide to say "meh" to everything.

I mean, I would rather give a refund than have a neutral.  They only paid $12.00 for it, anyway...heck, I would've refunded it and let them keep the stupid thing to avoid a neutral. 

This is going to bother me all night.

7 comments:

  1. Are you an all night brooder too? Just like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. I received a negative and cried.
    The good news is that I contacted the buyer and determined what the problem was and apologized.
    I also told them how surprised and hurt I was because I didn't know there was a problem.
    I refunded their money and asked them if they would revise the feedback.
    I had to send an official request to them ( check on customer support) and they changed the feedback to a positive.
    Defintely contact the buyer right away so you can get some sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. If you think about it, odds are that everyone's going to get a negative at some point in time, but I think a negative would put me on an eBay hiatus for awhile. Probably because I would throw my computer.

      Delete
  3. I'm not a big seller. Selling is still more of a "hobby: for me but one thing I never do as a seller is leave the first feedback. I feel that the transaction isn't complete until the buyer is satisfied and lets me know via the feedback. Suspecting they will get the same treatment they give, I think buyers are more likely to contact the seller if there's a problem rather than to leave a less than favorable rating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my first neutral too. And it bummed me out too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's the next morning and it's still bothering me. I thought about contacting them to see if I could fix it, but judging by their use of capitalization, I have a feeling it would be way more trouble than it's worth (they said "HOLE by the logo") Anytime someone throws all caps at me, I decide they're probably unstable and leave them alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, please don't let the negative get you down! There are going to be some customers that you can never satisfy no matter what you do and it doesn't sound like this customer even gave you a chance to satisfy them. I think when you sell on ebay long enough that it is just a given that you will receive a negative, or if you are lucky a neutral, regardless of how kind or easy to work with you are.

    ReplyDelete