Sunday, April 1, 2012

Like A Boss!

Guess how much I paid for this...
And this...

And this...

And this...

$10.00!  Yard saleing like a boss!  Ok, so I went to a yard sale yesterday at a rich house just two blocks away from us.  When I walked around to the back of a large and well-manicured yard, a box full of these ladies was at my feet.  My mouth dropped open when I saw a small sticker on Samantha that said "$10.00 box".  With a shaking finger I pointed to the box and asked "has this sold?"  The lady running it told me it hadn't and I practically threw myself at the box.  I said "I'll take this, this is mine, I'm going to put it somewhere."  She looked at me like I was crazy.  Crazy like a fox!

I found a stack of books for resale and a cool Ben Franklin quote print for us and wound up paying $21.00 for everything. 

I drove home and ran into the living room with my box.  I picked through it and tested each doll for "standability".  They all stood up!  The strings on Felicity and Kirsten were sort of loose, but oh, well.  I've put Josefina up for $80.00 and already have 8 watchers.  Addy went up for $95.00 because she's in great shape and I have 2 watchers.  Samantha's on auction starting at $15.00 (they go for about $50.00 at auction, which is better than the BIN prices) and she has 8 watchers. 

Now for the FASTEST flip ever:  I put off listing Kirsten and Felicity (first pic) because I wasn't sure how to do it.  I decided I would list them together.  Kirsten is in rough shape.  Her hair is horribly matted and Felicity has no clothes (which apparently does not really matter).  Baby is taking a nap, so I figured, I'll go ahead and take pics and group them as a lot.  I listed them starting at $20.00 with a BIN option of $75.00.  Within about 60 seconds, they sold!  Did I price them too low?  Obviously.  But look, I paid about $2.00 for each of them.  Tyler and I have decided that 100% of my eBay earnings will go toward vacation since our house buying adventures will take all our vacation savings, too.  $75.00 is almost a whole night in a gorgeous vacation rental and I'll take that any day! 

5 comments:

  1. That is amazing! Gotta love the quick flips I had one with a Strawberry shortcake mug this weekend and was crazy happy all weekend! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable!!! I NEVER find those here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it'll never happen again, so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts (which hopefully won't be too long!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go girl, you are on a yard sale/for resale roll now!!

    ReplyDelete