Sunday, April 22, 2012

Yard sale and BOLOs

The yard sale was very slow yesterday.  Well, we had a lot of people who wanted to spend about $.50 on everything.  Sold lots of books, DVDs and baby clothes.  I made about $200 for both days, so thank goodness we decided to have it on Friday, too!

I had this Kelty internal frame backpack out there and had to get $20.00 for it.  I only used it once, but no one was interested, so when I got home, I snapped a few shots and threw it up on eBay for $75.00 OBO.  It sold about 2 hours later for my full asking price!
These retail new for about $140.00.  I bought it about three years ago for significantly more, but all it took was one overnight trip sleeping with a rock in my back, cooped up in a two person tent with Tyler and our 50 pound dog to realize camping is not for me.  It's not a heavy pack, but the internal frame will make it tricky to ship.

BOLO alert:  I bought a black version of this bicycling skort a few months ago from the SA and it sold really quickly for about $30.00.  I found this one yesterday:


It looks great and is super clean, so I posted it last night for $27.00 and it sold this morning to a girl who bought that and a pair of Columbia capris I wore once.  The brand is Terry and they specialize strictly in women's cycling gear.  Their stuff is so cute (and pricey), it almost makes me wish I was interested in bicycling!

Another BOLO:  John Le Carre books!  He's the author of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, which was recently made into a big movie and has boosted his book's popularity.  His protagonist, George Smiley is like the anti-James Bond spy and my husband loves his books.  A local thrift shop we have has a ton of the books in hard back with dust jackets that are first trade editions.  They're $1.00, and Tyler told me that they sell for a good amount online, so I went and got some.  These two sold to the same person last night for $15.00 each!

Not bad for a $2.00 investment!  They also sold quick..in about a day. 

So what was an excrutiatingly slow week has turned into a very profitable weekend!  This is one of the best eBay weekends I have had in a while and I'm very glad for it!  Our chances of taking a great vacation are looking better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment