Thursday, January 12, 2012

... pt. deux

Ok, so I'm going to try to be as un-negative as possible. 

My listings are not getting viewed.  When I search for my listings using keywords that are IN my title, my stuff does not show up.  I finally got up the motivation to call eBay.  The man I spoke with was very pleasant and seemed willing to help.  I told him my problem.  He said "well, the search engine is good, but it isn't google.  You need to be more specific in your titles".  Then he continued to say what I interpreted as this:

Be more specific in your titles in order to get a broader audience.  But don't be too "bare bones" about it.  You still have to use a lot of words, but you must use special eBay psychic powers to make sure they're the right words, or else you will NEVER. SELL. ANYTHING.

EVER.

(and yes I use that algorithm search thing).

Ok.  So I change my titles for a couple of things.

Eat some dinner.

Come back to search for my stuff.  Nothing.  Several of my books only show up if you copy and paste the title into the search bar. 

So, what's the formula?  How do you figure this stuff out without spending an hour searching for every listing you post and tweaking it until it starts to show up under more stuff?  I have no idea!

Positive part:  Addy's going to be 1 on the 31st and I made some really cute invitations for her!  It's a Horton-themed party and it's hard to find cute Horton invites.  So...yay!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your sales have tanked. Nothing more frustrating then having stuff sit. Hope things improve for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim! I'm hoping, so too. I've bought lots of decent stuff this weekend, so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete