Monday, February 13, 2012

Dude, frames!

Ok, collective eBay blogging community.  We have been missing out on something that is probably right under our noses!  Frames!  Tyler's mom gave me a box full of old frames this weekend and look at these completeds! Over $100 for "shabby chic" frames and vintage frames.  Next time you go a-thrifting or yard saleing, buy some frames!  It doesn't matter if they're beat up or missing the backs and glass.  If they are, paint them white, sand them a little and say they're shabby chic!

Here's my collection:
I've got them listed as "art deco" and "ornate".  They've been up since about 8 last night and I've already got watchers and one bid of $15.00 (I started them where most of the higher priced ones start).  I will be really shocked if they sell for under $40.00. 

I'll worry about shipping them later.

But seriously...frames.

5 comments:

  1. That is NUTS! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy good!!...LOL but I sure will be
    on the look out for some frames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I do this all the time for myself, why I didn't think of checking the completeds is beyond me! Thank you for the tip! Hope your group sells well. Let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog today... and I LOVE the frames tip!
    I've seen these all over blogland on 'crafty' sites. Why didn't I think not all people are crafty & want it already done? That's great!

    THANKS! :)

    ps posting anonymous... too lazy to sign in ;p

    ReplyDelete