Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Sale

So tomorrow Tyler and I are going to Roanoke two hours away for a big book sale. Actually, two big book sales. One's at the Roanoke mall and one's in Salem, which is basically the next town over. I really have no idea how much money to take to these things. I don't know what to expect, either. The one in Roanoke says it has over 20,000 books...amazing...but will I have to dig through boxes of these bad boys? We'll see.

My books have been doing well this week! Here's what I sold:
*On the Road by Jack Kerouac Original Scroll 1st edition - $16.99 (I tried to read this but just couldn't)
* The Long Run by Matt Long - $10.92
* New Nancy Drew books #'s 1-6 - $18.99
* Fun Funky Things to Draw - $10.99
* Hello Cupcake decorating book - $5.99
And I have a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows first edition that's being bid on right now. I tried to examine these and see a pattern but I didn't see squat. A mix of non-fiction, cook books and fiction kid's books? Hm.

I've read a lot of stuff that says at first, selling books on eBay is intuition. I have that about some things, but with old books I have no clue. I saw an old Poster Art book for sale at our local library a few weeks ago. It was from the '60s and I thought it was pretty cool, something that would go for maybe $20-ish, but I got home and checked completeds and, nada. Luckily I didn't buy it.

My boy's Remington hunting coat sold for $24.00 today, too! Hurray!

I'll be sure to rant/rave about the book sale tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a SmartPhone? If so, you can download a barcode scanner and then an Amazon.com app. Scan barcodes on the Amazon app and it will tell you how much stuff sells for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked Tyler and he has an app called SnapTell, which lets you take a picture of the cover of the book and, through what I can only figure to be magic, brings up the book's Alibris, Amazon and other website's prices. I'm glad you said this because I forgot he had that on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snaptell sounds interesting. I used to use the barcode scanner..but everything always came up .01. So, I just mostly buy on intution..which isn't very often..lol

    ReplyDelete