Saturday, September 24, 2011

Yard Sale Tales: 9/24/2011 edition.

Wow, I haven't written much this week. I wish I could say it's because I've been so busy making money. I wish I could say that I've been so swamped with items to ship, I just haven't had the time. Unfortunately, I can't say that. This week has been depressingly slow for me, especially considering the fact that I went into it with such high goals. I've just been busy licking my wounds.

I've kept an average of 70 items listed in my store in a wide range of categories. I also feel like this is the best quality stuff I've ever had listed. I've got good books, NWT clothes (in plus sizes, too!), nice vintage housewares and some great shoes. Where are my buyers?

Today I got an offer on some Allen Edmonds shoes Tyler picked up for $3.00 a few weeks ago at a yard sale. I had them at $62.99 OBO and accepted an offer of $46.00. I also sold a book today. Other than that, this week's sales total about $40.00. *sigh*.

I took yesterday off work to take Addy to the doctor for a breakout she has on her legs. After having him basically tell me "I don't know what this is." I figured out that it's the cleaner I use on her Bumbo seat. I felt like a genius. After the doctor's appointment, I took her to my parent's and went to Goodwill. Our two local GW's were basically cleaned out! I got a few things, but nothing big. Hopefully some rich people decide to donate some stuff soon.

We went to five yard sales this morning with baby. She did great! The first one we went to was kind of a bust. I got two Christmas Tervis mugs for $2.00 total. Haven't gotten them out of the car yet.

The next one was a neighborhood yard sale in an unofficial retirement community. Really nice duplexes out in the county. All the people were super nice and totally in love with the baby. I decided we need to move to a place like that. We basically behave like 80 year olds, anyway. Being surrounded by doting elderly people sounds kind of nice. Especially considering we currently live near crackheads. Not kidding. Real crackheads. We found a few things there:

There was one lady with a ton of quilting stuff. Fabric's been treating me well lately, so I grabbed three yards of this. I loved the pattern and figure someone can do some cool Christmas craft (alliteration, anyone?) with it.

I also got some McCall's American Girl doll sewing patterns for clothes and accessories.

Completeds show that these will sell. I have about five more. They all appear to be uncut except for the one I was really excited about, which was Disney princess costumes. It's cut to pieces. I'm putting a couple of them in lots and doing a couple more separately.

At the same house, there was a bunch of doll clothes accessories, like snaps, zippers and stuff like that. I grabbed some up (they were only .10) and I'll put them as a lot.

I also found Alf! I was so excited to find him! I found this 18" plush by Alien Productions and a smaller version that does not have a tag. I knew the big guy was a good find from eBay underground, but since he had a buddy, I couldn't pass up the smaller one, too. I'll do them separately.

The other yard sales weren't too fruitful, so that's about it. We got a few more things, but I haven't had time to take pictures of them yet. My only goal for next week is to overcome this terrible slump!

Linking up with Coupon Tipster!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some great items. Just wanted to let you know that I've started doing a weekly yard sale link up over on my blog. Feel free to link up your blog and check out what other people found this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I can totally relate about moving to the old folks neighborhood. My husband and I are in 30s and we've always said that. Good luck on your new scores.

    ReplyDelete